Saturday, July 14, 2012

21 of 24

Last night while sitting in my boyfriend's father's SUV in the pitch dark in the of a field off Avenue 24 in Tulare county, I finished chapter 21 of my novel and surpassed 70,000 words. In fact, I'm on my way to 72,000. I was originally hoping to be much closer to finished at this point in time with finals upon me but that just didn't happen. For a while I was averaging two or more chapters a week and now I'm lucky to get one in one week. It looks like I will have to do finals and finish the novel at the same time.

Ideally I'd like to complete chapter 22 this weekend. It's a chapter I've been thinking about for a long time and really provides a backbone to the overall theme of the story. It should also be one of the longest chapters because of all the backstory involved. Chapter 21 was also a very long chapter, more than 1,000 words over what I initially was going to write. And the title is really something, too. The Death of Zoe Thanatos. I can't wait for my wonderful reader, Jeffrey, to read the latest offering and tell me what he thinks. Right now he's still in bed sleeping after a long night of catching spiders.

Oh! If you'd like to check out more about my novel, Zoe Thanatos, you can click on over the Facebook where I've set up a page dedicated to the book: https://www.facebook.com/ZoeThanatosNovel I hope you LIKE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment