Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthdays & First Apartments

Yesterday celebrated my mom's 51st birthday. It was a beautiful day that we started off by sleeping in! Unintentionally, of course. We made it to Pea Soup Anderson's in Buellton for brunch where I had a yummy chicken pasta sandwich and sampled my mom's Monte Carlo sandwhich and my grandma's old fashioned potato salad. Next we picked up the cake, rented a free movie (XFiles: I Want to Believe, which was disappointing) and headed home for cake and relaxation. The cake was a lovely circle cake with white cake, white buttercream filling and white buttercream frosting with pink and yellow roses. It'll all be gone today, I can guarantee it!

Meanwhile...

Jeff and his parents went up to Camarillo to look at apartments and Jeff has decided on a great apartment community called Alara. It will be a very nice first place for him to live in and I can't wait until he moves in! He has plans to send in his application and put in a holding deposit early this week so he can move in later this month. A part of me is happy that I'm still unemployed because that means I can spend extra time with him to get him moved in, acquainted with his new home, and have together time with him.

Speaking of employment... Unfortunately Craigslist has not been a great source of job opportunities, as I've been victim to scam artists who now have my email and are using it to spam me with crap on a daily basis. Too many job opportunities are being flagged for removal and it's not giving me much hope. How do so many people find jobs via the Internet? I simply do not trust online job sites anymore because every time I do I end up with an inbox full of crap. Is it too much to ask to find something legitamite? I did see a great opportunity in the Sunday edition of the Santa Barbara News Press, so I faxed in a cover letter and resume for that and hopefully something will come of it! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment