Monday, April 11, 2011

Sleeping Grumpy

Lately I have been waking up before my alarm clock even goes off. Sometimes I wake up 10 minutes before, sometimes 15; usually never more than that. Unfortunately, because I’m usually just coming out of REM sleep I have no idea what is really going on and find myself rather confused and asking myself questions.

    • Did the alarm ever go off?
    • Did I set it correctly?
    • Am I late for wherever I need to be?
    • What day is it?

This morning, for example, I had to be in a neighboring city for a legal matter at 10am. I got into bed ready to fall asleep at 11pm last night. Unfortunately, I spent the next few hours on the phone and didn’t get to sleep until 2am. By this time I was kicking myself because my alarm was set for 7:45, I knew I had to leave by 9:15 and I really hate being late. So when I woke up with no alarm and no idea, I got a bit worried… only to find out it was 7:30 and I had just woken up on my own after a mere five and a half hours. So strange.

By the time my appointment was finished and I drove back into town, drove to the bank, went for brunch with my mother and came home I was exhausted. Took a 1 and a half hour nap and now here I am at work gulping down at Mocha Frappe from the ever-reliable McDonalds.

I imagine I will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment