Saturday, April 11, 2009

When I Realized I Love Color

 I wouldn't have identified it as a love of color at the time, but when it happened my heart nearly burst with a happiness that I cannot explain simply.  It was the first time I watched Sofia Coppola's 2005 masterpiece Marie Antoinette.  The colors were exquisite confection that was hard to ignore.  It burst from the screen and just filled me with such deliciousness.  My grandma bought the DVD for me as part of a gift for going off to college and since then she has fallen in love with the movie and I've given the DVD to her, settling for a copy my mom recorded on her DVD-R and Comcast Cable.  I haven't watched it in a while, mostly because I can't bare to watch it on my own.  No idea why.

 I don't remember quite when it was (this happens to me frequently, it seems) but some time ago I started a folder on my (shared, with my boyfriend) laptop called Collection and started saving every photo I came across that filled me with even a margin of what I felt the first time I watched Marie Antoinette.  Six hundred photos later I cannot help but give in and admit that my love of color is extraordinary.  Of course, all of the images are "stolen".  Not in an illegal way, but in a way in which I saved them because they are beautiful and inspriational and if posted here I have no way of crediting anyone who took the photo.  So if anyone ever happens to stumble upon this little blog of mine (if I have the patience and aptitude to keep up with it) and sees a photo they have taken on it, please let me know and I will be ahppy to give credit where credit is due.

I know that most people, when they start these things up, go into it with an idea of what they want to say and express and I know I've even tried to do that in the past and I know that it does not work for me, at least at this point in time.  I never have the time to dedicate to one particular task to complete it on a regular basis, which is odd considering my whole life is scheduled out for me until exactly May 16th of this year.  That's the day I graduate from college.  After that I have no idea what I will be doing.  Anyway, this will merely be a hobby, one I hope to maintain as frequently possible, as I hope to one day progress it into something that is very real and substansial.  Until that day comes, enjoy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment