Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Borrowing Money for Unemployment

In the Sunday LA Times I read an article about how the California EDD (the lovely folks who pay out Unemployment Insurance) is borrowing money from the federal government to pay out Unemployment recipients. But this isn't like just any borrowing, this is billions and billions of dollars. In fact, the number $40 million per day was mentioned. When I read this I was quite shocked because I recently applied for unemployment and all of a sudden it seemed possible that I might be turned down and might not receive this much needed income.

It just so happens that my interview for EDD is this afternoon. I am mostly confident that I will, in fact, be receiving their gracious help, but I can't help but think about how utterly in debt they are and wonder if I even have a chance in hell.

I guess I will find out soon enough.

In unrelated news, I can always tell that its time to trim my fingernails when typing on my BlackBerry becomes cumbersome. Just a random thought.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment