Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Perspective

A lot has happened since my last blog, and not all of it good. The phone appointment with the EDD was like getting punched in the stomach thanks to my former employer, who is contesting my bid for unemployment. Facts were brought to life, revelations were made, and I found myself broken.

Its taken some time but I feel as if I'm in a much better position now. I've come to understand how difficult it is to not slip into a lull of depression, and how much you need love and support - without the platitudes - to keep from going under.

I find myself at the start of a fight, one that I hope I come out of victorious. But I'm not sure. I feel confident that the truth favors me, but when people work so ardently to take away your life it is difficult to believe that you have a shot of winning.

At this moment I can say I haven't slipped entirely into depression, but there were definitely moments when I thought I would. One day at a time, as they say.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment