Monday, May 18, 2009

The End is the Beginning is the End

Well I'm back home with my mom and grandma and 2 hours away from school.  It's still taking some time for the knowledge that I'm going to be here for the foreseeable future and not just a week or a month or three months and then I'll go back to school.  I'm done with school.  It's a bit weird.  I was very blase about it and then once we began the processional to our seats I began sobbing and crying like a baby.  It just hit me.  I'm not exactly sure what "it" was but I was suddenly so overcome with emotions.  I had to start thinking of anything but what was going on i order to stop the crying.

The ceremony itself was great.  About 1/3 of the graduates left in the middle of the ceremony because they got bored.  Which I think is really disrespectful and crappy.  I never really liked most of the people at that school and looks like I had good reason not to.  So after the ceremony we worked on finishing up the dorm room, which took the next six hours, unfortunately.  We made it out though and had a nice dinner at Marie Calendar's.  Afterwards, my parents drove home and I stayed with Jeff.  We bought tickets for the late IMAX showing of Star Trek.  Before that started we walked through the new Promenade and Jeff got me some cute new Crocs (mine were busted) and he got some new cologne and me some lotion.  It was a lovely evening.  We sat on a bench and talked while watching a water fountain.  The movie was amazing.  Unfortunately I was really pretty tired when it was time to go home (just after midnight).  I drank a huge can of AMP just so I could stay awake.  Jeff and I both got gas and at the gas station is where we said our goodbyes.

Again, I started crying.  I was saying goodbye to this guy who I love more than anything in the world and I don't know when I will next spend time with him.  But I managed to only cry a little (thinking of monkeys helped).  So far the separation has been okay because there's plenty to keep me busy.  But I know there will soon come a moment where I will be overcome with emotion.  

Anyway, it's weird that it's a Monday morning (almost afternoon) and... okay it's not weird yet.  I'm okay with not having classes right now.  But what is weird is being home and feeling like I should stop messing around and do some homework.  I'll never have homework again, probably.  I don't know how I'll shake that feeling.  

My friends and family were very generous with me when it came to gifts.  The coolest gift was a Flip video camera from my uncle Clark, which came with video messages from my cousins wishing me a happy graduation.  Now that I have the camera I'm looking around for interesting things to film.  I wouldn't be surprised if some started popping up here.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment