Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Call Her Penelope




Two weeks ago I was fortunate enough to trade in my beat up 1992 Thunderbird (you can see it in the background of the last photo!) for a 2007 Hyundai Eleantra. It's the middle-line version, so it's bette than basic but without all the bells and whistles of the top line version. To me, however, it's bells and whistles accomodate me quite well. I see the car as great transitional transportation. It's not a hand-me-down like the Thunderbird was and it's just nice enough so that I feel like I am in an age-appropirate vehicle.
In the last two weeks I've put around 700 miles on the car (300 of which have been long-distance driving) and I'll find any excuse to drive it. It used to be that if Jeff and I had errands to run we would take his car, as his Nissan Sentra SE R Spec V was much more safe than my Thunderbird. But now I often ask to drive and lately he's been having to ask if he can drive. Oh how the tables have turned.
About the name... Penelope. It's one of those names that I love and I'd be so happy to name a future daughter Penelope, but Jeff dislikes the name. More so than any person should. And since Penelope is Greek and I've had a lot of study in Ancient Greece these past two years I felt the name was quite fitting (though I secretly call her Illyria, as well). Needless to say I'm over the moon about this new car and all the places she will take me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment