Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lent So Far: 50% Success!

When I decided to blog every day and stop drinking soda for Lent, if asked I would have guessed that drinking soda would be the habit I fell back into. And yet, I’ve given it up! Blogging, on the other hand, is a much bigger challenge. That requires a discipline far greater than giving up sugary drinks. Wouldn’t you think it would be the other way around?
So, how is life without Coke? Actually, not bad! People seem to be impressed when I tell them what I gave up. And even though I was constantly tired the first few days – and had a shockingly jittery reaction the first time I had a Starbucks since Lent began – my body has adjusted with little issue. It’s easier than when I gave up smoking, which I thought was relatively easy.
I really should make an effort to blog more. I could really use the writing practice. I started a book and I’m only 3 pages in. Ugh. The worst quality trait I have is that I procrastinate; I mostly just pass it off as part of my A.D.D. But I want to make an effort to blog more!
This is my first effort. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment