Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Odds & Ends

I've been working on a rather long blog posting for a few days now. I'm not one to usually get too personal here but there has been something on my mind and in my heart lately and I've found that the only way to get it out is to write about it. I consider it my version of writing something down on a piece of paper and then burning it. Or writing a letter and not mailing it. Just something to get everything out without any consequences. It is rather long so I might just do it in a few posts, breaking it down. But then again, nobody is reading this anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter lol.

I've got a busy few days ahead of me. I'm heading out of town again and I've got a lot of packing to do. Not to mention stocking up my iPod with all the new music I've downloaded recently. I'm heading to work tonight then leaving straight for Camarillo, where I will spend the night at Jeff's. Early tomorrow morning we are packing up the car and heading out to Long Beach to tour the terrific aquarium down there. Then in the afternoon it's off to Riverside where we will be checking in at the Mission Inn (which is really stunning!). Jeff is attending an event in conjunction with UC Riverside for their Bioengineering Graduate program. On Friday he has more than half a day of meet and greets, tours, meals and all kinds of fun stuff with professors and administrators and other graduate students. We're staying the night again and then heading back to Camarillo on Saturday. It should be a lovely trip. Lots of driving, but still lovely. I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with him, in a beautiful hotel, looking at beautiful scenery and just being lovely together.

But first I should probably get dressed and start packing. I woke up with a headache which makes the day feel like it's screwed already. It's such a cruel joke to wake up with a headache. I really hope the migraine medicine I took kicks in pronto. I do not want to be a Grumpy Gal today!

No comments:

Post a Comment